The MATRIX management team makes the personal health and safety of each employee our primary focus. The prevention of occupationally induced injuries, illnesses and loss of work time is of such consequence that it is given priority over operating productivity where necessary. To the greatest degree possible, we will provide all mechanical and physical facilities required for personal health and safety.
MATRIX will maintain an occupational health and safety program conforming to the best practices of organizations of this type. Our objective is an occupational health and safety program that will reduce the number of injuries and illnesses to an absolute minimum, not merely in keeping with, but surpassing the best experience of operations like ours. Our goal is zero incidents and injuries!
Safety is everyone business, a successful, occupational health and safety program starts with proper attitudes toward injury and illness prevention on the part of management, supervisors and employees. It also requires cooperation in all health and safety matters, not only between management and employees, but also between each employee and his or her co-workers. Only through such a cooperative effort, can a safety program be established and preserved in the best interest of this company.
MATRIX commits to working in a spirit of consultation and cooperation with all stakeholders concerning matters relating to occupational health and safety.
MATRIX Occupational Health & Safety Program includes:
- Providing mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent.
- Conducting a program of health and safety inspections to find and eliminate unsafe working conditions and practices, to control health hazards, and to comply fully with the health and safety standards for every job.
- Training all employees in good health and safety practices.
- Providing necessary personal protective equipment and adequate instruction for its use, inspection and maintenance.
- Developing and enforcing health and safety rules and requiring that all employees cooperate with these rules as a condition of employment.
- Investigating every incident promptly and thoroughly, to find out what caused it and to correct the problem so that it will not happen again.
MATRIX management accepts the responsibility for leadership of the occupational health and safety program, for its effectiveness and improvement, and for providing the safeguards required to ensure safe working conditions.
Supervisors are responsible for developing the proper attitudes toward health and safety in themselves and in those they supervise, and for ensuring that all operations are performed with the utmost regard to the health and safety of all personnel involved.
Employees are responsible for wholehearted, genuine cooperation with all aspects of the occupational health and safety program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for continually practicing safety while performing duties.
MATRIX tracks and monitors health and safety incidents to ensure continual improvement of health and safety standards and completes periodic evaluations to improve our Health and Safety Management system.